Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Knitting?

Spurred on by my crafty cubey neighbors, I decided to take up knitting. I wanted to do this about a year ago, but then I broke my hand - so no knitting for me. I'm getting into the slow season at work for me so finding a hobby helps pass the time.

I am on day two of my adventures. Things I've learned about knitting:

1. Being left-handed means I can't use any learning to knit books. I hear they have a book (yes, ONE) at Michael's, but I have yet to go.
2. Online also follows the right-hand dominant peeps.
3. I have found a few videos via youtube to help me and my minority ways.
4. Looking at blogs of ladies and their super crafty knitting projects makes me want to stop right away.
5. Bamboo needles are better for beginners (why didn't anyone tell me this before I bought the aluminum ones?).

I will keep at it. here is day 2. It's kind of a hot mess - but I'm proud of it so far.

Day 2 - change of needles and yarn results in dramatic improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment