Monday, March 14, 2011

Another first for the little man!

This weekend, Tim, Oliver, and I had a first.  Oliver's first overnight away from me and Tim!  Gah!  Tim and I went to a joint birthday party for two of our close friends, and decided that we would benefit by having an adult night out, and Oliver would get some quality time in with my Dad and Jana (Grandpa Carl and Granny, to little O).  Tim and I were very nervous about the whole thing - almost 10 months of the little man every night and every morning - but we did enjoy coming home and just being able to crash and sleep in (note: I still did not sleep in.  Argh.).

So Tim and I went and got Sunday brunch, did some cleaning, and a little bit of grocery shopping before they dropped him off.  The report?  Oliver was perfect.  ::whew::  I was so concerned he was going to be crying uncontrollably or something but he was normal and stuck to his same routine.  He even got an open invitation back, so I suppose that means it went REALLY well.  Yeay!

So little man was back and after a barrage of smooches from Tim and me, we had some play time. 

A little taller, and he will be a happy clam!

Always a good time when Daddy is behind the camera!


And although Oliver did not get to bed until very late - thank you Daylight Savings Time - it was wonderful to spend some extra time with the little guy.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Mom & Dad! You guys deserve a night off and cheers to Oliver's sleepover - what an angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I'm glad that you and Tim had some alone time. Little O must have had a blast with Grandpa and Grandma. I can't wait for my turn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think he's copying spike and bailey in his screeches! Sounds very kitty-like.

    Nona-C

    ReplyDelete