Today I turn 30 and I am thinking back to Oliver's birthday which was 4 1/2 months ago (seriously... where did the time go already?!). The love that exuded from me and Tim onto this little man was the most intense love ever - and the saying is true - you will never know the love you have for your child until it is there. Sorry, kitties.
A few things that I have learned during the last 4 1/2 months as a mom:
- Take the birthing classes, sure - but when it comes down to getting through a contraction, you just want everyone to not touch you and to SHUT UP!
- Breastfeeding is the absolute hardest thing I've ever done. I give mad props to those that can make it a full year.
- He has made me appreciate my friends and family more (especially with baby niece on the way later this year, and future unknown gender baby next year).
- Keeping ahead of the laundry is important. Cleaning the rest of the condo apparently, is not.
- The most useful item has become the Boppy pillow. It's gotten so much use it's now almost flat. Luckily there is a spare in the car which I think I might bring in soon.
- The best part of my day is going into his room when he first wakes up in the morning. He gives me the biggest smile as if to say, "You're here... again!"
- The second best part is watching Tim and Oliver play together. Tim has no problem making silly faces and acting the fool to get a giggle out of the little man.
He continues to amaze us everyday with new and wonderful things, whether it's splashing in the tub, or attempting to sit up, or grabbing his foot during a diaper change.
No new photos or videos, so here is one of me and the little man from August 1st. Hard to believe that was over 2 months ago!
Here is one of Tim and Oliver around the same time. I notice that he has less hair and also less eyelashes. You can't see it here but his eyes are also more blue.


YAY! Can't wait to see our little ones together.
ReplyDeleteGreat list Carrie! I agree with the breastfeeding thing...man is that hard to do!
ReplyDeleteYou wrote "and future unknown gender baby next year"...did I miss something?
Tim's sister is pregnant with her second, but too soon to know the gender. Oliver is going to have new first cousins very soon! So yeah, if you were thinking me - NO WAY. WAAAAY too soon to think about having another.
ReplyDelete