Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day weekend!

How is everyone's week going?  I am going to get some flack from my mom about this, but I had a video I was going to post and I accidentally DELETED it.  Ugh!  I actually deleted all of them from the Flip Camera - not sure what happened, but there you go.  Sorry.  :-(

To recap the weekend quickly, it was pretty great, to be honest.  Saturday evening, I got to watch Chelsea while my brother and SIL went out to dinner.  And if you are an avid reader, you will probably guess that Nona was here with both of the grandbabies.  :-)

Chelsea is getting super sweet.  She is cutting her two bottom teeth, so she was a bit cranky.  We went for a walk and watched the cars go by (one of Chelsea's favorite activities).

Sweet C-Pants

Oliver says, what are you doing?                      Nona and Chelsea watch traffic go by

We had a great time with both.  On Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day!  The Counter, a local burger place, was offering a free BFD - that is burger for dad, people!  Tim loves their burgers.  They actually cook them to leave pink in the middle. 

Father's Day!

Yes, that is burger on Oliver's plate.  Oliver loves burgers, too!  Well, he loves EVERYTHING.  After later in the afternoon, we went up to one of my uncle's house for a BBQ.  You can always count on Uncle Dick to have tons of food!  Oliver made sure to let him know that it was delicious.  Items Oliver ate include:
Salmon
Cookie
Apple pie
Fruit salad - strawberries, pineapple, grapes, blueberries, two types of melon
Pasta salad- pasta, olives, green peppers, red peppers, onions, etc.
Cheese

I'm sure there's more that I am forgetting.  He got to see Papa and Grandma Jana, along with Grandma Buss, and Uncle Jim, Aunt Ali, and Chelsea again.  I also got to see some of my cousins and their kids.  It was a pretty packed house!  Oliver was such a good boy - just visiting and playing nicely, while the older kids were running around like banshees.

I'll take a quick Oliver break and show you these delicious LOCAL strawberries

Fresh.  Local.  Strawberries.

Today was a beautiful day, and lucky Tim was off to enjoy it with the little guy!  He took him to the Ballard spray park.  I cannot wait for Oliver to start walking - he is going to LOVE this even more!

At the spray park

At the spray park

Lastly, I came home, and we all walked up to a park up the road.  This park is pretty awesome - swings, spinny thing, bouncy things, slides, and, A ZIP LINE.  Cannot wait for Oliver to get bigger for that.  I am just so excited for all the things he gets to experience once he gets older!  I love that little guy!

Daddy helps Oliver on the bouncy toy

Oliver likes the view from up there

Tim had a wonderful day with him; it was a wonderful way to wrap up a great Father's Day weekend.  Thank you Tim for being an amazing Daddy to Oliver!

1 comment: