Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend update

This past weekend was BUSY BUSY BUSY.  It was also coupled with Tim coming down with the stomach flu, so taking care of him and Oliver along with all the other jazz of cleaning and cooking and such made it fly by!  We got a few pics from my phone from this past weekend.

Coming back from visiting Papa Carl and Grandma Jana, Oliver fell asleep in the car.  This hasn't happened in a long time but he conked out pretty quickly after we left so there was no hope to keep him awake to our place.

Conked out

We had an unsuccessful transition from car to crib so he had a very short nap on Saturday.  He seemed unaffected by this and was a sweetheart in the afternoon into evening.

Weeee

The sun was shining Saturday afternoon - Tim was still sick so O and I continued on by playing outside and going for a walk.  Nona came over to watch Oliver while I went out with some friends to celebrate birthdays.  I had a great time but didn't stay out too late since Daylight Savings was starting and O would be up early anyway.

The next day, O and I went down to the Ballard Farmer's Market - our old stomping grounds.  We didn't buy anything, but enjoyed listening to the street performers and walking around.  I stopped in to Ballard Coffee Works and had an Americano while Oliver played with some toys.  And wouldn't you know it, guess who fell asleep AGAIN in the car??

Conked out, part II

Even with Daylight Savings, it was still really early - but he did a lot of walking and playing.

We ran a few errands after nap, and checked out Heritage Park.  I had seen a train parked there and wanted to check it out, only to find out it is actually an old trolley.  They had other buildings on site but they were all closed.  We'll have to go back once they are open this summer to have a tour.

Checking out the water fountain                    Little seat

Sittin' on a chicken

Busy weekend, check!  Let's keep our fingers crossed that Tim doesn't get Oliver or me sick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment