Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Is that Matthew McConaughey? Amber teething necklaces

I was reading about ways to help little O get through the teething process.  A few ways to relieve his pain are no longer an option.  There used to be teething tablets, but those were pulled from the shelf.  It was just announced that a certain chemical in Orajel can lead to some horrible side effects including death.  And I for one am just not comfortable rubbing whiskey on his gums.

A lot of natural places talked about amber necklaces.  The amber release oils that are natural pain relievers.  It sounds like a bunch of hippy-granola mumbo jumbo, but at this point, I am ready for anything.  That, and I would really love to see Oliver without a bib!  :-)

I'm still not sure if it works yet or not (the interweb is split  - about half of the feedback about amber teething necklaces believe this like crazy, and the other half thinks this doesn't work and it's unsafe).  I'll have a full day with him on Saturday to get results for myself.

Tim's first reaction when seeing little O with the necklace was, "OMG is that Matthew McConaughey??"

Matthew McConaughey              Strategically placed arm 

I dunno, what do you guys think??  Just needs to get a backwards hat and I think we have a spitting image of the hunky guy on the left.
Cutie pie

Big eyes

My friend Kirsten let me borrow her wagon for Oliver's birthday party this Sunday. As mentioned before, his party is barnyard themed, and what barnyard party would be complete without a wagon??

Lovin' the wagon         Enjoying being pushed and pulled

We had a lot of fun with it at work today. You can read about it on Fiona's blog here.

1 comment:

  1. yay! a clothes-less Oliver, except for the puka bead necklace! man, i hope this works! smooooches from his nona.

    ReplyDelete