I am no stranger in the kitchen, but this website has been a huge, huge, huge help. Search for pretty much any food and it will tell you how to prepare it, the nutritional content, and what goes best with it. Here is some of Oliver's food:

The green thing is a silicone tray that you can push the food out after it freezes. Then transfer to freezer bags. All you have to do is just defrost, and BAM - ready to eat food! In the tray currently is peas - behind is sweet potatoes that will be roasted in a moment. In the little pots contains carrot/apple/parsnip puree, apple, acorn squash, peas, and more sweet potatoes. He also loves pears, whole grain in formula, bananas and yogurt (the one thing I do not make because, well, making yogurt is a bit tricky).
Oliver is also learning to master his sippy cup. He hasn't figured out that he is the one that is supposed to hold it (we hold it up for him), but he definitely gets that it goes in his mouth... as demonstrated by this quick video:
Lastly, someone wanted to know how much time I spent during the week preparing his food. I usually do it between other things on Sunday (throw some sweet potatoes in the oven, while poaching some pears or cooking some peas). I read a really good blog post from another lady who made her own baby food here. She is also a photographer, so of course her food photos are better than mine. Like her though, we have been doing all organic.
Okay - end long post here - mostly educational, not too Oliver filled. So here's a bonus video for you. Congrats!
Thanks for linking my blog! Happy babyfood making! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the link on how to make baby food! I've been checking it out and will try to make some grub for our little guy. Your blog is the best Carrie! By the way...O is cute...as always!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, ladies!
ReplyDelete