Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The sandbox incident

Little O and I went to Magnuson park on Friday, and it was his first time playing in the sand. 

Playing in the sandbox

These two kids let Oliver borrow this front loader (which matched his outfit, BTW).  Oliver loves to get dirty, and loves getting his toes in the sand.  Luckily, he still doesn't mind wearing a hat, too!

Oliver playing with front loader

Shortly after these photos, a devil spawn toddler came up to Oliver and took a shovel out of his hand.  To make matters worse, this demon baby then threw sand in Oliver's face!  The nerve!  Would you believe that the babysitter just looked up from her magazine after seeing me trying to wipe sand out of O's eyes to ask if he (devil-baby) threw sand at him.  I replied, yes, in his face.  She said in the snottiest tone, "Sorry," and continued to read her magazine.

Boy was I fired up!  Some people really have no skills at all at being human.  Luckily I had some water in the car, so I was able to flush it all out (Oliver was not a fan of that).

2 comments:

  1. nobody kicks sand in my Oliver's face! Nona will do some slapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute photo of little O in his beach wear...throw sand in their faces and see how they like it!

    ReplyDelete